Law Library > Research > Government Documents > Legislative, Regulatory Info: Federal
Legislative and Regulatory Information: Federal
Federal Legislative Materials
- Thomas (Library of Congress)
- Provides full text of federal bills, bill summaries, and status. Searchable
by bill number or by word/phrase.
- Congressional Record (FDsys)
- Official record of proceedings and debates of the U.S. Congress. It covers Volume 140 (1994) to the present.
- Public and Private Laws (FDsys)
- Contains full-text of all signed bills from the 104th Congress to the present.
- U.S. Code (U.S. House of Congress)
- Searchable only site from the Office of the Law Revision Counsel.
- U.S. Constitution (GPO Access)
- Online version of Constitution of the United States: Analysis and Interpretation, 2002 edition plus supplements.
Federal Regulatory Materials
- Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)
- Coverage includes 1996 to the present. Optionally, users can access e-CFR, a searchable, editorial compilation (though not an official legal edition) of the CFR updated daily.
- List of CFR Sections Affected (LSA)
- Contains lists of proposed, new, and amended regulations that have been published in the Federal
Register since the last revised edition of a CFR Title.
- Federal Register (FR)
- The official daily publication for rules, proposed rules, and notices of the U.S.
Government agencies and organizations.