Law Library > Research > Internet Resources > Federal Resources
- Agency Decisions and Other Actions
- Links to administrative decisions and other administrative action outside the scope of the Code of Federal
Regulations and the Federal Register, from the University of Virginia Library.
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Divided into 50 titles representing broad areas subject to federal regulations. Searchable by keyword
or by citation. (Also see the e-CFR administered by NARA.)
- Federal Register
- Daily publication of final rules, proposed rules, notices of federal agencies and organizations,
and executive orders, and other presidential documents. Coverage is from 1994-present. (Also see the Table of Contents for the current issue of the Federal Register.)
- Office of Legal Counsel Opinions
- Opinions and Memoranda typically dealing with complex and important legal issues from the U.S. Dept. of Justice,
Office of Legal Counsel.
- Official Gazette for Patents
- Links to full text weekly issues of USPTO Patents. Users can browse by classification or type of patent.
For example: utility, design, and plant. Specific patents can be accessed by class/subclass or patentee name.
- United States Courts Opinions (Beta)
- United States Courts Opinions (USCOURTS) collection is a pilot project between the U.S. Government Printing Office (GPO) and the Administrative Office of the United States Courts (AOUSC) to provide public access to opinions from selected United States appellate, district, and bankruptcy courts.
- U.S. Court of Appeals Opinions
- Cornell's Legal Information Institute site allows users to search full text
any one or all of the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
- U.S. Supreme Court Opinions
- Contains full text decisions, slip opinions, and orders from the Supreme Court of the United States.
Court Rules and Forms
- State and Federal Court Rules
- LLRX.com's links to over 1400 sources of state and federal court rules, including forms and dockets.
Searchable by keyword.
- Statutes at Large
- Vols. 1 to 18 (1789-1875) of the United States Statutes at Large, includes a searchable index for vols. 1-8.
- United States Code
- Searchable by title and section numbers or by keyword, from the Office of the Law Revision Counsel of the
U.S. House of Representatives.
- United States Constitution
- Transcript of the Constitution in its original form with hypertexted links to the parts that have been amended
- The Library of Congress's comprehensive site for U.S. legislative information, including bills,
Public Laws, reports, and the Congressional Record.