Law Library > Research > Internet Resources > General Resources
- California Courts
- Links to California Superior Courts, Courts of Appeals, and Supreme Court web sites.
- California Lawyers
- State Bar of California Members records online. Searchable by name or by state bar number.
- State of California's Online Directory
- California Online Directory, searchable by name of state agencies or individual state
employees and contains an organizational chart of the California State Government.
- California State Assemby Members
- Links to Assembly Member's Home Page and includes biography and email address.
- California State Senators
- Links to Senator's Home Page and includes biography and email address.
- Federal Courts
- Links to a clearinghouse for information from and about the Judicial Branch of the U.S. Government,
maintained by the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts.
- Law School Faculty Profiles
- Jurist's Directory of U.S. Law Professors including official biographies w/ links to their personal home pages.
- Martindale-Hubbell Lawyer Locator
- Nationwide directory of lawyers, searchable by individual name, firm name, and practice area.
- United States Representatives
- Provides contact information for members of the U.S. House of Representatives.
- United States Senators
- Provides contact information for U.S. Senate members searchable by name or by state.
Dictionaries, Thesauri, Finding Aids
- Internet Acronym Server
- Provides a list of (mostly) acronyms (abbreviations constructed from the first letter or first few letters
of the words of a phrase. This is not a dictionary. Users can search for an acronym
and see what it means or search a word and see what acronym it is
used in. Users can also add an acronym to the database.
- Contains excellent reference works including American Heritage Dictionary, Bartlett's Familiar Quotations,
Columbia Encyclopedia, Robert's Rules of Order, Roget's II: The New Thesaurus, Strunk's
Elements of Style, and World Factbook.
- LII's Introduction to Legal Citation
- Peter W. Martin's primer on citation was updated in 2011 and is based on the 19th edition of the Bluebook and the 4th edition of the ALWD Citation Manual.
- Legal Dictionaries
- Links to legal dictionaries or glossaries of legal terms from the Stetson University College of Law.
- Zimmerman's Research Guides
- An online encyclopedia for legal researchers by Andrew Zimmerman. Users can search by keyword/phrase or
browse by topic.